Saturday, April 11, 2009

Another Photo Assignment - Rule of Thirds

I am a couple of assignments behind on my blog. Our current assignment is Trees. The previous assignment was the Rule of Thirds. The rule of thirds is one of those fundamental rules of photography. It's a fairly simple rule to follow and I think that composing image using this rule can have a great impact on your photos. It's also one of those rules that can be broken easily.

It was an interesting assignment. I wanted to post a couple of the images that I submitted for the assignment.

I was fortunate enough to have one of these images selected as a finalist image. It's not the one I would have picked but after looking at the image again and reading Liz's comments, it was probably the most accurate of the images I did submit.

Here is the image that was selected as a finalist:


Here a couple of the other images that I used for the assignment:

This was my favorite image!




I thought this one met the assignment pretty well using the grid pattern in the windows and the railroad tracks as a grid of the rule of thirds. :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

This was a bit of a harder assignment, but your pics are great! Love the cabin shot, winter or summer. It's a beautiful place on earth.