Thursday, July 3, 2008

Warm Lake

Hi again! I have some new photos to share.

I had an opportunity to trek into the Idaho mountains for a day of enjoyment. We ventured up to Warm Lake which is about 25 miles from Cascade. On the way there I got a couple pictures that show the area and a little bit of history.

While we were at Warm Lake, we played on the water and got some more great pictures of scenic Idaho. I have been playing with Photoshop Elements trying to learn the program and I have figured out how to create line art type pictures from my photos. The line art idea doesn't work on all photos but I think it works on a couple of the pictures that I got at the lake. I saw this idea on another forum and liked what I saw so I have been trying to replicate it. The tutorial that they linked to was for Photoshop and it is a little different trying to do the same thing in Elements.

Anyway, here are the photos:

These two were taken on the way up to the lake.



These next photos were taken around the lake.









These next two sets of pictures are the line art creation and the original.






I hope you enjoyed these photos. I really had a great time getting them. The Idaho back country is beautiful.

3 comments:

Kim said...

These are cool Jerry. I love the line art. It's interesting. Warm Lake is such a pretty place: it certainly lends itself to your photography. Beautiful!

Taylor Smart said...

These are so cool!! i am so glad that you came to camp with me!!! i had so much fun!!!

Aggie Fam said...

Each time I look at your pictures, I think I say the same thing, AWESOME! They were all pretty cool. I liked the reflection and the action shot of the skier, water and rope. Coooool!