Sunday, June 15, 2008

Action Photography

At the beginning of the month, Liz, the Photography Guide on the About.Com Photography page issued the photo assignment for June. The assignment was to take pictures that capture action. There are many ways to do this and I felt like I had my work cut out for me.

I have been following the forums on About.Com for a couple months now and I have seen lots of pictures of birds. Our backyard neighbor has several bird feeders and I have been watching the comings and goings of the birds for a week or so.

This morning I had some time go out and just wait for the birds to come and go. I was able to get some decent pictures of the birds in action.

It is difficult at best to follow a bird looking through a 70-300mm zoom lens so I feel pretty lucky to have gotten the shots that I did.

Here are the shots that I thought turned out pretty well.












I also wanted to share the other pictures that I submitted as part of our Action Assignment. Kids jumping on a trampoline and hands playing the piano show action.





Then I thought I would get clever and try something with dominoes. Here is the outcome of that attempt.


The action assignment ends today and then we have to wait for the winners to be announced from all the pics that were uploaded in the first two weeks of the month. I don't envy the job that Liz has to pick the winners. I don't know how many pictures were entered but there were a lot of great photos.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Great action shots!

Aggie Fam said...

LOVED the tramp backflip and moving piano hands! Very cool.

Justin and Mandy Smart said...

Those are some great shots! I'm sure getting the birds in flight was pretty tricky. They look good.