Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Moon and Birds

My last post was about my success with a moon photo. I have since taken several that have turned our rather nicely.

Here are a couple examples.

This is a shot of the moon peeking out of the clouds:


This is an early morning shot:


This morning we were watching robins out our front windows. They were all over our yard and in the neighbors trees. I moved to the back of the house to see if there were any in our backyard and when I came back to the front of the house, I noticed a larger bird on the front lawn. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that it was on top a smaller bird. I believe it is a hawk of some sort that had grabbed one of the robins and was waiting for it to die. I couldn't believe this was happening right on our front lawn.

Here are a couple pictures of the scene.






We got quite a few pics and while I was trying to figure out how to get closer without disturbing things, he picked up the bird and flew off.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

The moon pics are cool. That bird is cool too. I believe that bird had plenty to choose from that day!