Wednesday, September 2, 2009

48 Hour "Shoot Outs"

Ok, for the next two weeks instead of having one assignment on the About.com Photography site we are going to be doing a series of 48 hour "Shoot Outs". The assignment for each period will be to take a photo beginning with one of three letters that are assigned. The letters for Sept 1st and Sept 2nd were A, I and Q. There will only be one winning photo from those posted and we can only upload 1 image for each 48 hour period. I will update this post every two days with the image that I have submitted.

I think this will be fun. It is definitely different from the other assignments we have been doing. So far the posts have been really good. Lots of good ideas out there.

Here is a link to the forums if you want to check them out. About.Com - Photography

Here is my picture for Sept 1st and Sept 2nd. Q for quarters and I noticed the quarter with the focus happens to be for Arizona so I guess I have an A as well.


The letters for the 3rd and 4th are: B, J and R.

So here is the photo for the 3rd and 4th. B- Bowling Balls:


The letters for the 5th and 6th are C, K, S and Z. That should be interesting. I'll post another pic by Sunday.

Here is the picture for the 5th and 6th. This is my daughter's MP3 player. It is a Creative Zen. C and Z.



The letters for the 7th and 8th are D, L, T and Y. I'll post another photo probably on Tuesday. :)

The letter for today is T. T is for trampoline:


You should really take a look at the Photography site on About.com for the assignment. The photos being submitted are really great. There are a lot of talented folks out there...

The letters for the 9th and 10th are E, M and U... Another post on Thursday.

Ok, I got this one done early. In this photo, E is for Eyes...


The letters for the 11th and 12th will be F, N and V. That should be interesting. Another post on Friday or Saturday... Stay tuned!

I was struggling with this set of letters until my daughter suggested vinyl album. I am probably dating myself with this photo but I still have some vinyl around the house and we even listen to them once in awhile.

V = Vinyl Album
.

The letters for the 13th and 14th are: G, O or W. I will post that image on Monday, most likely. Stay tuned.

Well I have to apologize, I didn't get any pictures for the last two days of this latest assignment. Too many other things going on.

I had a good time with this assignment. It made you think about things that you might not have considered otherwise.

The latest assignment on the forum is Perspectives. The idea is that you look at things from a new perspective and take that shot. I will have to see how this assignment goes.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love the trampoline and the eyes. I want a print out of the eyes. Good job!

Taylor Smart said...

I love my eyes!! and i love the quarters too!!

tuckerclucker21 said...

Jerry you are so talented! I looked at some of your other work, and I am stunned to say the least. It's so great you are getting to expand your gifts like this with your class and everything. Lightning pics are always my favorite. :)

Taylor Smart said...

Dear Mr.!!! You need to post new pictures up here ASAP!!!!

Love,
me :)