Sunday, August 30, 2009

Clouds Assignment

Our most recent assignment on the About.com Photography site is Clouds. I have been watching what others have been uploading and have been wishing for some great clouds where we live. We haven’t had any really good clouds until the last few days. Fortunately I was able to get a few shots that I think will work for the assignment.

I have selected these three photos from the 160 pictures that I took.

I’m not sure the lighting shot counts as a cloud photo but I think the lightning comes from the clouds and you can see the clouds at the top of the image. :)  I have actually been waiting about 20 years for a shot like this. I remember trying to get a shot like using a Minolta X-370 camera with a cable release and I could never do it. I feel pretty fortunate to have gotten this shot.







Here are some additional lightning/clouds shots from the night of the storm.









2 comments:

Jenie said...

hey jerry! This is bailey. i found you through taylor's blog. you're pictures are amazing! i'm going to tell my mom to look! she will REALLY like your pictures. i love ya!
bailey

Kim said...

Hey, I love the pic that shows the silver lining in the clouds. Metaphorically and literally. I love you!