Friday, October 31, 2008

More Oregon Photos

I have been looking back through the pictures from our Oregon trip this past summer and found some more that I thought turned out nice.

It is so easy to snap tons of pics with a digital camera. It seems like you need to go back over all the photos several times to find the good ones. It is also nice to go back over them and be able to remember the beauty of the trip.

This is where we stayed during our trip. It is a small town called Waldport. Not much there but the bay surrounding the town and the mountains behind it make it a very scenic place.


I took a ton of photos of this bridge at sunrise, some of them turned out and some of them really didn't. It was amazing to me to see the different colors in the space of about an hour.


The next two photos are of the bridge supports up close. I had completely overlooked this picture when I was first going through all the photos of the bridge. I was looking at the folder of pictures a couple weeks ago and saw this photo and realized that I had a pretty good composition. I have included two version of this photo. One with full color and the second with about 70% percent of the color removed. I really like them both. Which one do you like best? Let me know with a comment.








In the last week or so, there has been some discussion on the About.com forum about how to get pictures of the moon. I have been trying recently and haven't had much success. When I was looking back over our trip photos, I came upon this picture of the moon that I took at sunrise. I think it turned out pretty good. I'm thinking that a picture of the moon at sunrise is easier to get than a picture of the moon when the sky is dark.








I couldn't decide whether to include this picture. It looks soft to me but I like the color of the leaf on the beach against the sand and rocks.


During our trip we found tons of driftwood on the beaches. We all commented on how much there was and we wondered where it all came from. The weathered texture and interesting colors make for some neat photos.


Feel free to leave me a comment if you like what you see.

No comments: