Thanksgiving has come and gone now and we are only two weeks away from Christmas. It seems that this time of year is a good time to reflect on the blessings that we have in our lives. I know that I am grateful for my family, immediate and extended. I really feel for those who are without that support system.
I'm grateful to have a job that continues to provide for our needs. I'm grateful for a loving wife and two of the greatest kids I know!!
We had an opportunity to visit with our families at Thanksgiving and I feel this was a blessing. Because we live far away from our families you have to take advantage of the opportunity to visit when you have the chance.
While we were in Utah for Thanksgiving we also had a chance to visit the Body Worlds 3 exhibit. This was definitely an experience. For those of you who haven't heard about this exhibit, a man named Gunther Von Hagens found a way to inject a plastic substance into the muscles and tissue of a cadaver and then they pose the bodies to depict different activities that we do as humans. Once the plastic compound dries, the bodies are frozen in time. The method is called plastination. The bodies are on display as part of the exhibit. It is quite fascinating to view the human body showing all the muscles and nerves and other parts without the skin. Here is a link to the web site if you are curious to learn more about this process http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html.
There aren't any photos in this post but I wanted to share some of my feelings at this festive time of year.
Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving and you have a very Merry Christmas!!
1 comment:
I agree that we are blessed. I found Body World fascinating. The human body is a spectacular machine.
Post a Comment